Guest Post from Journey to the Resurrection – Rose Visual Bible Study
Joy gives us strength and helps us fully experience the best parts of life and survive the harshest challenges. We often move toward imitations of joy or attempts to manufacture joy by amusing ourselves with distractions. But true joy most often rises up out of a life of faithfulness to God. Sometimes we are so busy with the daily stresses and details of life that we forget to pause and create space for heartfelt celebration.
Easter is a season when we remember God smiling on us by bringing new life out of death. It’s a cause for great celebration! Here are a few suggestions for celebration:
- Make some noise. Singing, laughter, funny stories, praising God—all of these are expressions of the life God has given us. It’s difficult to celebrate and remain silent.
- Be creative. Making moments of celebration is possible through both careful planning and awareness of God’s presence with us in every moment of life. One of my fondest parenting memories is pausing after planting flowers in the spring with my children to close our eyes, remember the cold barren wintertime, and then open our eyes to the beauty and new life of spring all around us and thank God for always bringing us new life.
- Connect with others. Celebrations happen best with other people. If you are doing this over Skype or Zoom, then plan a special meal, barbecue, or other gathering virtually to have fun together and celebrate what God is doing in your lives. Take advantage of special holidays, like Easter, to connect with family or friends and share the joy of living in God’s light together.
Lord, we want to know you. We want to know the power of your resurrection, and we understand that means we will also join the fellowship of your suffering. Help us to be living representations of who you are. Help us to do justice and love mercy, to heal relationships, to confront lovingly, to resist temptation, to find and hold on to true freedom. Help us to be part of bringing the living hope of Easter and resurrection into our present realities. Amen.
“With Easter, God’s new creation is launched upon a surprised world, pointing ahead to the renewal, the redemption, the rebirth of the entire creation . . . every act of love, every deed done in Christ and by the Spirit, every work of true creativity—doing justice, making peace, healing families, resisting temptation, seeking and winning true freedom—is an earthly event in a long history of things that implement Jesus’s own resurrection and anticipate the final new creation and act as signposts of hope, pointing back to the first and on to the second.”N. T. Wright
With illustrations, timelines, and charts, see all the events of Holy Week at a glance! With historical and biblical insights as well as colorful charts, timelines, and illustrations, this six-week study takes you through the experiences of Holy Week, from Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem to his resurrection on Sunday morning.
Gain a deeper understanding of events like Passover and the Last Supper, Jesus’ prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane, the road to Golgotha, and the empty tomb. See how even the smallest details of Holy Week fulfilled Old Testament prophecies. Also includes a timeline of events and a map of Jerusalem. Features include:
- 6-session, flexible Bible study
- Optional reading plan for people with more time who want to go deeper
- Leader’s guide is contained within each study guide, so no extra book purchase is required
- Discussion questions for each session and lots of space for writing
Most Bible studies on Jesus’ journey to the cross and his resurrection don’t include visuals. Imagine having one that does! Perfect for group and individual use, young adult study, homeschool, church library, to give to a friend, and more! 112 pages, 6 x 9 inches. Paperback, ISBN 978-1-62862-809-8.
5 Key Features of the Journey to the Resurrection Rose Visual Bible Study
- Packed with Visuals & Graphics. Unlike other studies on Holy Week, which are text-heavy, Rose’s full-color Visual Bible Study is loaded with charts, pictures, and practical applications to give you an in-depth overview on everything you need to know about the Passover, Last Supper, Crucifixion, Resurrection, and more!
- Clear and Easy to Understand. It’s never been easier to dig deeper and get a solid overview of the events leading up the Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- Practical Life Applications. Start this life-changing Bible study today and instantly discover the godly principles and blessings the Lord has for your in His Word.
- Flexible & Easy-to-Use Format. Whether you want a a 30-, 60-, or 90-minute study (3 plans included), this book is designed to help you dive into Scripture and retain information, the format of the Rose Visual Bible Study Series helps you focus on key takeaways, applications, and important lessons.
- Anyone Can Lead This. Each Bible study contains a leader guide to help anyone guide their small group or church through discussions and important lessons. No additional purchase necessary! Packed with the Do’s and Don’ts of leadership, group guidelines, 3 Bible study plans for flexibility, and more, this simple leader guide will get you and your group up and running in no time!
Enjoy Rose Visual Bible Study’s Simple, Easy-to-Use Format
Each of the 6 sessions in every Bible study guides you (and your group) through the following sections:
- Introduction: Simple overview to get started.
- Read It: Key Bible Passages and Optional Reading.
- Know It: Discussion Questions with space for writing.
- Explore It: Summaries of key information, easy-to-read outlines, charts, full-color illustrations, and more.
- Live It: Devotional reading and Life Application Questions, a short prayer, and space for note-taking & journaling.