QUESTION: “Is it scriptural to participate in matchmaking services?”
ANSWER: Since the 1990s, online dating and face-to-face subscription dating services have mushroomed in popularity among non-Christians and Christians alike. As with any major decision that relies on judgment and integrity, a decision to use dating services should be approached with great caution and care—and great prayer…
Opportunities abound for fraud, and the ability to get to know others is only as effective as their willingness to reveal their true, authentic selves. Before you decide to participate in a dating service, examine yourself.
- What are your motives?
- What are your goals?
- Do you have a contented spirit?
- Do you have the peace of God?
- Will you involve your Christian “community” in your online dating decision and experience?
Always remember, God is your source. A dating service is not. Scripture says …
“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” (Isaiah 30:21)
Encouragement, insight, and advice for contentment and joy in singleness
Some singles are perfectly content – while others are not! Many times singles feel like fractions – only “half-persons.” Does that describe you? The good news is that you don’t need anyone to complete you. You are already complete in Christ!
This book answers many helpful questions including:
- What are myths about singleness?
- What are some difficulties in living as a single?
- What are root causes of discontentment?
- What does “healthy singleness” mean?
- What are spiritual reasons for guarding sexual integrity?
Your true identity does not come from your spouse, but from the Savior, Jesus Christ. So whether you are single for a season or single again, discover biblical truths about how God wants to use your singleness to fulfill His purpose.