A) Fewer than 1,000
B) Between 1,000 and 2,500
C) Between 2,500 and 5,000
D) More than 5,000
Do you know your Bible history trivia? Find the answers at the bottom of the blog post! Or in our NEW SERIES, How We Got the Bible by Timothy Paul Jones!
The How We Got the Bible Series
How We Got the Bible Video Study Series Intro from Rose Publishing on Vimeo.Have you ever wondered where the Bible came from? Who wrote the books of the Bible and how did they end up together? Perhaps you have been asked by a friend or coworker about books that were cut out of the Bible. Through the six sessions in this Bible history DVD, expert Dr. Timothy Paul Jones will guide you and your class through important questions about the Holy Bible to show you why it can be trusted. Packed with stunning visuals, dramatic stories, and illustrative animations, this exciting Bible History curriculum will take you from the earliest clay tablets and papyrus copies to the first bound Bible and the various Bible translations that we use today! Preorder the series here!
From Moses to Gutenberg, easily find out how we got the Bible we have today and discover why we can trust it with this 6-session DVD study on the history of Bible! Dive into the fascinating stories of the people who risked their lives to print and distribute the Word of God (Tyndale, Wycliffe, etc). Perfect for personal or small group use.
You don’t have to be an expert to lead this six-session study. Perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use.
With this history of the Bible DVD study, you will discover:
- 4 Ways the Bible is Unlike Any Other “Holy Book”
- What it means when we say that the Bible is inspired and inerrant
- What people did to preserve the text of the Bible over the centuries
- How we know that the Old and New Testament is reliable
- The stories behind names like John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Gutenberg, and King James I
Complete Kit Components
- DVD with six 25–35-minute sessions
- Leader Guide (printed and digital copy)
- Participant Guide (printed) with session outlines, discussion and application questions, key terms and definitions, and extra information about important topics.
- Reference handbook, How We Got the Bible
- Fold-out time line of the history of the Bible
- Ready-to-use PowerPoint® with 100+ slides
- CD-ROM with printable PDFs of promotional posters, banners, fliers, handouts and bulletin inserts
Be the first to own the kit and
>> PREORDER HERE <<
Timothy Paul Jones
Meet Timothy Paul Jones, our host of our upcoming book and DVD series How We Got the Bible. You might also recognize him as our host and writer of our Christian History Made Easy series! He’s a husband, father, editor and writer in the fields of apologetics and family ministry. He also serves at the east campus of Sojourn Community Church and as professor and vice president at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Click here to learn why Timothy created the series and what personal questions led him to this topic!
SUBSCRIBE to our blog on the right side of our page so you don’t miss the next Bible trivia questions to impress/stump your friends with, free eCharts, exciting interviews, and FREE samples from this series! And now for the moment you’ve been waiting for…
Did You Get the Right Answer?
The accuracy of the Bible is often heavily contested by its critics. Claims that the Bible has been changed too much to be reliable have been made over and over again. Yet, have these experts even considered the amount of ancient manuscripts and the actual impact of their minor differences?
Answer: D) More than 5,000
We can compare amount of New Testament manuscripts against the quantity of manuscripts from other authors around the same time that we often reference in history books in the Western world… the numbers are overwhelmingly clear and the amount of changes assuredly minute… There are far more copies of the New Testament!
Want to learn more about biblical reliability and How We Got the Bible? Preorder the series here!