I Am Under Construction
“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” —Philippians 1:6
Lying in the dark, you think back over your day:
- You blush at the way you spoke to a coworker.
- You shake your head at how, after praying fervently for courage, you chickened out and didn’t say the one thing you really needed to say to a friend.
- You regret succumbing to a sin you thought you’d put behind you years ago.
A question bubbles up: Are you making any progress in the faith?
Don’t despair. You’re under construction. And God doesn’t microwave spiritual maturity. Christlikeness
is an epic project that will take the whole of your life.
You’ll have spurts of growth and times where it seems like you’re going backwards. But though you are fickle, God is faithful. Though you’ll have bad days, God never will. His grace is sufficient. His power is readily available.
All beautiful and precious things—oak trees and diamonds and people—are a long time in the making.
In what areas are you growing spiritually? In what areas would you like to see more growth?
God, grant that I might view my slow growth through the lens of your love and patience. Amen.
For Further Study
Hebrews 6:1–12: God reveals what it means to grow in spiritual maturity.
Who I Am in Christ Daily Devotional: 100 Daily Devotions
Sample devotional topics from each section:
- Trouble: Wondering Who We Are
- Who Am I?
- Running from Who We Are
- Why Identity Matters
- Identity Theft
- Do You Want to Get Well?
- Truth: Discovering Who We Are
- I Am Chosen
- I Am Called
- I Am Forgiven
- I Am Bought with a Price
- I Am Accepted
- Transformation: Becoming Who We Are
- I Am Growing
- I Am on God’s Timetable
- I Am Committed to Integrity
- I Am Helped by God’s Spirit
Do you know how God sees you? Do you realize how much God values you? You are loved, accepted, and cared for because of who you are to God—not what you do for him. You don’t have to earn or prove yourself. He loves you already. Discover how to rest in this truth with Rose’s Who I am in Christ Devotional.
Each of the 100 daily devotions includes:
- An encouraging 1-page devotion, perfect for busy schedules
- Key Bible verse & cross references
- Personal reflection question
- A short prayer to help you apply the daily devotional
Every page of this book is offered with the prayer that readers will follow Jesus more deeply, loving God, and serving others a little more every day. Polyurethane cover, 5″ x 8″, 208 pages. Presentation page included.
Whether you’re reading it with a disciple or as your own personal daily refreshment, the Who I Am in Christ Daily Devotional will never leave you the same!
What makes this 100 Days of Who I Am in Christ Daily Devotional special?
Start your day right with an uplifting devotion that strengthens your faith, prayer, worship, understanding of God, and more. Each of the 100 devotions includes a Bible verse, reflection question, prayer, and additional cross references.
- High quality, full color
- It makes an attractive gift for someone you love
- Simple daily format
- Makes for an excellent repeatable study
How Can I Use the Who I Am in Christ Daily Devotional?
Enjoy having a flexible and easy-to-use devotional that can be used on your own or in a group. Perfect for both seasoned saints and new believers!
- Individual and group use
- Discipleship groups
- Small Groups or Sunday School classes
- Christian or Home schools
- New Believers’ class
- Support Groups
- Prayer Circles
- Church library
- Prison Ministry