HOW MANY HUMAN AUTHORS WROTE THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE?
A) Fewer than 10
B) Between 10 and 25
C) At least 40
D) More than 100
Do you know your Bible history trivia? Find the answers at the bottom of the blog post! Or in our NEW SERIES, How We Got the Bible by Timothy Paul Jones!
The How We Got the Bible Series
How We Got the Bible Video Study Series Intro from Rose Publishing on Vimeo.Have you ever wondered who wrote the books in your Bible and how they ended up together? Has anyone ever told you that some books were cut out of the Bible or that the stories of Jesus in the Gospels can’t be trusted? Through these six sessions, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones will answer your questions about how we got the Bible. Preorder the series here!
In this DVD study, you’ll learn:
- What makes the Bible unlike any other book
- What it means when we say that the Bible is inspired and inerrant
- What people did to preserve the text of the Bible over the centuries
- How we know that the New Testament is reliable
- The stories behind John Wycliffe and William Tyndale, and the King James Version
- Session 1 What’s So Special about the Bible?
- Session 2 How We Got the Old Testament
- Session 3 How We Got the New Testament
- Session 4 How the Books of the New Testament Were Chosen
- Session 5 How the New Testament Was Copied
- Session 6 How We Got the Bible in English
Complete Kit Components
DVD with six 25–35-minute sessions
- Leader Guide (printed and digital copy)
- Participant Guide (printed) with session outlines, discussion and application questions, key terms and definitions, and extra information about important topics.
- Reference handbook, How We Got the Bible
- Fold-out time line of the history of the Bible
- Ready-to-use PowerPoint® with 100+ slides
- CD-ROM with printable PDFs of promotional posters, banners, fliers, handouts and bulletin inserts
Be the first to own the kit and
>> PREORDER HERE <<
Timothy Paul Jones
Meet Timothy Paul Jones, our host of our upcoming book and DVD series How We Got the Bible. You might also recognize him as our host and writer of our Christian History Made Easy series! He’s a husband, father, editor and writer in the fields of apologetics and family ministry. He also serves at the east campus of Sojourn Community Church and as professor and vice president at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Click here to learn why Timothy created the series and what personal questions led him to this topic!
SUBSCRIBE to our blog on the right side of our page so you don’t miss the next Bible trivia questions to impress/stump your friends with, free eCharts, exciting interviews, and FREE samples from this series! And now for the moment you’ve been waiting for…
Did You Get the Right Answer?
Answer: C) At least 40