Our How We Got the Bible DVD-Based Study releases NEXT WEEK and you guys have been acing all our quizzes. To celebrate, here’s your final exam!:
What do we call the original manuscripts of the Bible?
D) Old School
EXTRA CREDIT: How many original manuscripts of the Bible survive today?
Do you know your Bible history trivia? Find the answers at the bottom of the blog post! Or in our NEW SERIES, How We Got the Bible by Timothy Paul Jones!
The How We Got the Bible Series
From Moses to Gutenberg, easily find out how we got the Bible we have today and discover why we can trust it with this 6-session DVD study on the history of Bible! Dive into the fascinating stories of the people who risked their lives to print and distribute the Word of God (Tyndale, Wycliffe, etc). Perfect for personal or small group use.
You don’t have to be an expert to lead this six-session study. Perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use.
With this history of the Bible DVD study, you will discover:
- 4 Ways the Bible is Unlike Any Other “Holy Book”
- What it means when we say that the Bible is inspired and inerrant
- What people did to preserve the text of the Bible over the centuries
- How we know that the Old and New Testament is reliable
- The stories behind names like John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Gutenberg, and King James I
Complete Kit Components
- DVD with six 25–35-minute sessions
- Leader Guide (printed and digital copy)
- Participant Guide (printed) with session outlines, discussion and application questions, key terms and definitions, and extra information about important topics.
- Reference handbook, How We Got the Bible
- Fold-out time line of the history of the Bible
- Ready-to-use PowerPoint® with 100+ slides
- CD-ROM with printable PDFs of promotional posters, banners, fliers, handouts and bulletin inserts
Be the first to own the kit and
>> PREORDER HERE <<
Timothy Paul Jones
Meet Timothy Paul Jones, our host of our upcoming book and DVD series How We Got the Bible. You might also recognize him as our host and writer of our Christian History Made Easy series! He’s a husband, father, editor and writer in the fields of apologetics and family ministry. He also serves at the east campus of Sojourn Community Church and as professor and vice president at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Click here to learn why Timothy created the series and what personal questions led him to this topic!
Did You Get the Right Answer?
Answer: A) Autographs
Extra Credit Answer: Zero. There are no surviving original manuscripts.
No, we don’t mean that suspicious scrawl that your funny uncle once signed as “Santa Claus” on a soggy Christmas letter. An “autograph” is from a Greek word that refers to the original manuscripts of the Bible (from the Greek autographos, “written in one’s own hand”). The extra credit question was a bit of a trick question if you didn’t read it carefully, wasn’t it? As awesome as it would be to have an original version of Deuteronomy written by Moses or Paul’s handwritten Epistle to the Romans on a scroll, there aren’t any around as far as we’ve discovered! Keep looking and let us know if you find it though, will ya?
Want to learn more about biblical reliability and How We Got the Bible? Preorder the series here!
SUBSCRIBE to our blog on the right side of our page so you don’t miss the next Bible trivia questions to impress/stump your friends with, free eCharts, exciting interviews, and FREE samples from this series! And now for the moment you’ve been waiting for…