It is so easy to get busy and miss the meaning of Holy Week and Resurrection Sunday. Let me tell you ways you can focus on these important days of Jesus’ life.
As Christians we believe that Jesus was God.
- He didn’t have to go through the torture of the Crucifixion.
- He didn’t have to live in a small dusty town in the backwoods of the Roman Empire.
- He didn’t have to put up with the disrespect from his neighbors who didn’t believe him even though he healed the sick and brought the dead back to life.
- He didn’t have to suffer the embarrassment of being stripped and beaten and spit on.
- He didn’t have to endure the self-righteous religious leaders of his day who claimed to know his Father’s will better than he did.
- He had so much power he could have destroyed Herod’s palace and Pontius Pilate’s house.
- He didn’t have to be patient in front of the Sanhedrin, the high priest’s court.
- He didn’t have to forgive these same people on the Cross, saying “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” But he did.
To get an idea of the ways in which Jesus voluntarily laid down his life, download this excellent chart: The Medical Effects of Jesus’ Treatment. Let me show you how the beatings, the flogging and scourging, the crown of thorns, and the spikes in hands and feet/ankles would have affected him. Download this FREE Bible chart today by clicking the link below.