Here’s a great Father’s Day giveaway: “Fatherhood: Making a Lifetime of Difference” http://bit.ly/9qLKd3
Did you know that a dad’s involvement is very important for a child’s success? This pamphlet has 100’s of facts at a glance.
- For example statistics indicate that if the father is involved in the child’s schooling, the child is more likely to get A’s. (This is true for two-parent families, stepfathers, and single-parent families.)
- Youth are more at risk of first substance use without a highly involved father.
- Some studies even suggest that a father’s involvement is more important than a mother’s for reducing conduct problems, substance abuse (drugs and alcohol), and psychological adjustment problems.
Did you know that teens want to have their parents involved? When asked what they wished for to have a better life —
- 14% of high school students wanted a “bigger house.”
- 27% said “more money to buy items such as televisions and cars.”
- 46% said they wished for “more time spent together with family.”
Ideal as a church giveaway or Bible study for your church.
The Scripture points to God as the perfect Father. He is—
- Accepting, loving, and merciful
The Scripture also tells us about the fathers in the Bible who messed up. Some of the great heroes of the faith had serious failures in parenting.
But the Bible also tells us that God is the “father to the fatherless.” — Psalm 68:4
As I read this manuscript I had to laugh at all of the great quotes about fathering, especially this old classic—
“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned…”
====links below are not generated by Rose Publishing========